The 2019-nCoV (Wuhan Virus) isn’t the only Coronavirus we’ve encountered. The SARS and MERS diseases are also caused by different coronavirus strains.
It binds and enters healthy cells, taking over the replication machinery to reproduce more viruses. Then exits the cell to infect other healthy cells
• Runny Nose
• Sore Throat
• Shortness of Breath
According to current observations, symptoms can appear as early as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure. As such, two weeks of isolation is best.
• Observe personal hygiene by washing your hands after handling raw food or after going to the toilet.
• Use hand sanitizers to keep your hands clean.
• Avoid consuming raw foods (Especially meat)
• Avoid contact with animals, especially those that roam free. Any mammal/bird could carry the virus.
• Wear a surgical mask when going to public places or places with a lot of people (parties, social dancing, work etc.).
• If you have recently returned from China (especially Wuhan) or were present at places suspected to have infections, AND you are showing the symptoms above, please visit a hospital immediately.
• If you have the symptoms above please try to stay home and isolate yourself for at least 2 weeks. This is because a person can be asymptomatic up to 2 weeks after infection.
• Wear a mask even at home.
• Avoid contact with people AND animals, especially with exchange of fluids.
• If you have co-morbidities (high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes etc.), and you show symptoms above, please visit a hospital. Many of lethal cases involve people with compromised immune systems or have co-morbidities.
• Use a tissue to cover your mouth and wash your hands direct after you cough or sneeze into it.
Stay tuned for an article on the Traditional Chinese Medicine perspective viruses.
Stay healthy and alert. God bless you.